Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Night of the Demons 1988 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/12106-night-demons-1988-a.html)

wayne12 15th March 2014 05:06 PM

Night of the Demons 1988

As the title says Night of the Demons please, :) i would really it like on blu-ray as well. I know scream factory have released it on blu-ray, but it is region locked.

demonknight 16th March 2014 02:38 PM

Yes, Night of the Demons from 1988 needs a region B release ASAP ;)

keirarts 16th March 2014 02:48 PM

Option of matted or unmatted would be great.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th March 2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 396929)
Option of matted or unmatted would be great.

Omg! First Stagefright and now this! :tongue1:

keirarts 16th March 2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 396932)
Omg! First Stagefright and now this! :tongue1:

Loads of companies used to offer the option. I was just looking at my old pioneer edition of Bride of Re-animator that did it as well. I think its a nice option to have on the disc!

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th March 2014 03:34 PM

Night of the Demons 1988

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 396933)
Loads of companies used to offer the option. I was just looking at my old pioneer edition of Bride of Re-animator that did it as well. I think its a nice option to have on the disc!

I have that disc. Hate they way they did it. Instead of an open-matte version and an anamporhic widescreen version, the widescreen version was done by using black bars done through the subtitle option on the disc. If I remember, you can actually turn the black bars on/off by pressing the subtitle button on your remote.

keirarts 16th March 2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 396934)
I have that disc. Hate they way they did it. Instead of an open-matte version and an anamporhic widescreen version, the widescreen version was done by using black bars done through the subtitle option on the disc. If I remember, you can actually turn the black bars on/off by pressing the subtitle button on your remote.

According to the liner notes it's no different to how it would be presented anyway.

keirarts 16th March 2014 03:58 PM

At any rate even if they stuck Full screen and widescreen as two separate entities it would still be interesting for a lot of the classics of the video era. Basically showing how a large proportion of the viewers originally saw them. Certainly no different in some respects to sticking an r-rated and unrated film out in the same package. :nod:

davcol 17th March 2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 396936)
At any rate even if they stuck Full screen and widescreen as two separate entities it would still be interesting for a lot of the classics of the video era. Basically showing how a large proportion of the viewers originally saw them. Certainly no different in some respects to sticking an r-rated and unrated film out in the same package. :nod:

Thats an interesting idea. I find fullscreen VHS or Betamax can look quite decent. Pan and scan is another thing all together i hate it.

keirarts 17th March 2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 396997)
Thats an interesting idea. I find fullscreen VHS or Betamax can look quite decent. Pan and scan is another thing all together i hate it.

A lot like Night of the demons, Bride of Re-animator, Stage Fright were Matted for theatrical presentation. So often in 'full screen' you're getting more info at top and bottom.