Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   TURKEY SHOOT Brian Trenchard Smith 1982 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/1390-turkey-shoot-brian-trenchard-smith-1982-a.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th November 2011 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 186819)
Just bought the Optimum DVD of Turkey Shoot, I've never seen it before so hopefully I'll enjoy it.From what I've read it has plenty of violence, nudity and a hairy circus freak in it, so it certainly sounds like my kind of movie. :D

Let us know what you think Vamp......I've loved this film since renting it on the old Guild VHS many lightyears ago!

To see it uncut was a treat....to see it uncut in HD would be an even bigger treat!:coolblue:

Which talented member can knock us up a BD cover using the below fantastic artwork?

Vampix 15th November 2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 197619)
Let us know what you think Vamp......I've loved this film since renting it on the old Guild VHS many lightyears ago!

To see it uncut was a treat....to see it uncut in HD would be an even bigger treat!:coolblue:

Which talented member can knock us up a BD cover using the below fantastic artwork?

It just so happens I watched it today, and yeah I enjoyed it.I'd say it was one of the more endearing exploitation flicks to have come out of Oz.I especially liked 'Alph', the weird looking hairy bloke with a taste for toes! There's some pretty juicy gore in there as well amongst all the explosions, shoot-outs and corny dialogue.Lynda Stoner and Olivia Hussey were nice to look at as well.Definitely a fun film imo. :nod:

mark meakin 15th November 2011 01:18 PM

The cuts were excessive considering Michael Craig's splattery demise was left intact even in the old butchered Guild release I owned (Paid £22.00 for new at the time !).It's not a good film by any means but it's never boring & the mk-up effects are well done.It was quite a revelation watching the uncut Australian video (On bootleg) for the first time.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th November 2011 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered ANOTHER version of this classic!:rolleyes:

Vampix 1st December 2011 02:24 AM

How many versions have you got, Reaps?

Splatterdragon73 1st December 2011 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 197808)
Definitely a fun film imo.:nod:

True and while there's other Aussie efforts i prefer to TS the film still merits a watch. I've got the Optimum, ABUS and AWE DVDs. Yours truly did own the Hardgore and Vipco releases too but gave 'em away once the above superior editions came along.:)

Gojirosan 1st December 2011 06:46 AM

I keep meaning to give this another try. But I am reluctant to buy it as I really did not rate it on previous viewings.

When Brian Trenchard Smith is capable of a film of the quality of Dead End Drive In, Turkey Shoot just looks like a load of old cack, I'm afraid.

Vampix 1st December 2011 12:37 PM

Turkey Shoot is a load of old cack, that's what makes it so much fun imo. :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th December 2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 201080)
How many versions have you got, Reaps?

AWE
OPTIMUM
THE ONE ABOVE
'84 HARDBOX
AUTRALIAN DISC

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th December 2011 03:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 200975)
Just ordered ANOTHER version of this classic!:rolleyes:

BTW-This one comes with a reversible cover!:cool: