Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Your Favourite Horror Film from 1983 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/5304-your-favourite-horror-film-1983-a.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 143334)
Panic Beats is fantastic. :cool:

Arghh! Another film with positive reviews that I haven't seen. On to the wish list it goes!
Quote:

I didn't think much of Psycho II, but after reading some of the comments on here, perhaps I need to revisit it.

I didn't think much of it either (and haven't seen the other two in the franchise) and I'm going to have to revisit the film as well to see if it is as mediocre as I remember always, as many people think, a very good movie and a fine follow-up to Hitchcock's masterpiece of the macabre.

All the Psycho sequels have been on my Lovefilm list for a couple of weeks but, as I have so many discs on there, none have been sent out yet.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 06:15 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Panic Beats is fantastic. :cool:

I really rate every Paul Naschy film i have seen, only about 12, i admit.

The sadly now deleted Spanish Horror series from Deimos/BCI Eclipse captured his films in all their brilliance. Discs with superb prints and extras.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 143342)
I really rate every Paul Naschy film i have seen, only about 12, i admit.

The sadly now deleted Spanish Horror series from Deimos/BCI Eclipse captured his films in all their brilliance. Discs with superb prints and extras.

Completely agree; I have all those BCI discs (as well as the Night of the Werewolf/Vengeance of the Zombies Blu), and they are indeed superb in every way.

Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll and Panic Beats are probably my favourite Naschy films; I'm a bit of a Naschy nut. :madgrin:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 143348)
Completely agree; I have all those BCI discs (as well as the Night of the Werewolf/Vengeance of the Zombies Blu), and they are indeed superb in every way.

Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll and Panic Beats are probably my favourite Naschy films; I'm a bit of a Naschy nut. :madgrin:

The BCI discs go for a pretty penny nowadays. ££££ :)

Did you pick up Hunchback of the Morgue and The Hanging Woman ?

Also very good.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 06:35 PM

Confession time: I've never seen a Paul Naschy film. With those titles deleted, where's the best place to start?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 143350)
The BCI discs go for a pretty penny nowadays. ££££ :)

Luckily I managed to get them all before they started getting really expensive. I think the most I payed was £15 for The Dracula Saga.

EDIT: Haven't picked up Mya's Hunchback release yet, but I do have the new Troma release of The Hanging Woman.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 143351)
Confession time: I've never seen a Paul Naschy film. With those titles deleted, where's the best place to start?

The Mondo Macabro release of Panic Beats is great, Nos. :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 143353)
The Mondo Macabro release of Panic Beats is great, Nos. :nod:

Thanks -- I've added it to my wish list and will buy it sooner rather than later!

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 143351)

Just keep an eye out on Amazon.

You can get the BCI discs from £10 - £15 sometimes

The BD DISC below is on Amazon used at £19.99

Make Them Die Slowly 16th April 2011 10:27 PM

"Videodrome" all the way in this year. Long Live the New Flesh!