Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/895-halloween-iii-season-witch-1982-a.html)

TALL DUDE 28th November 2008 10:51 AM

Halloween 3 is one of those films that gets better with every viewing.
I picked up the mia release a wee while back,and whilst being pan and scan its at least fully uncut which will do for me.
Soundtracks excellent too!:cool:

vincenzo 28th November 2008 10:58 AM

Yep, the MIA release is indeed the fully uncut version. The only UK one since the cinema print to be so.

mark meakin 28th November 2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 18079)
Yep, the MIA release is indeed the fully uncut version. The only UK one since the cinema print to be so.

I had the old Thorn EMI version which like several of their titles at the time (Dead Zone & Children Of The Corn) had something along the lines "this film was rated 15 for cinema release but further cuts have been made for video" printed on the films label.I noticed on my copy that there was another label with an 18 in a tiny circle under the 15 one which had not been concealed properly.It would seem the company at one time considered raising the films classification to an 18 but then decided on cuts:mad:

EDIT -I promise I'm not suffering from the dreaded Commando severed arm battering syndrome !

vincenzo 28th November 2008 12:06 PM

Yes it's crazy really. Even the current DVD (Sanctuary) is a re-edited print which cuts out much of the film's two face mutilation scenes.

I never had the shorter Children Of The Corn though I remember the old 15-rated video of The Dead Zone. The scissor suicide of Nicholas Campbell was completely missing.

cloud 28th November 2008 12:08 PM

Is the R1 (double billed with Halloween II) cut? I was thinking of ordering that. I'm still stuck with the old MIA VHS.

Regarding the violence in it. It was pretty grim I must say.

vincenzo 28th November 2008 12:11 PM

Halloween III did pretty well to get an uncut 15 for cinema back in the Ferman days. Ditto for Creepshow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 18082)
EDIT -I promise I'm not suffering from the dreaded Commando severed arm battering syndrome !

http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...ilies/rofl.gif

mark meakin 28th November 2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 18086)
Is the R1 (double billed with Halloween II) cut? I was thinking of ordering that. I'm still stuck with the old MIA VHS.

Regarding the violence in it. It was pretty grim I must say.

It's uncut & in its correct aspect ratio,the only way to appreciate the film fully.The P & S video versions ruin the film.I have the early non anamorphic r1 dvd from Goodtimes

mark meakin 28th November 2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 18084)
Yes it's crazy really. Even the current DVD (Sanctuary) is a re-edited print which cuts out much of the film's two face mutilation scenes.

I never had the shorter Children Of The Corn though I remember the old 15-rated video of The Dead Zone. The scissor suicide of Nicholas Campbell was completely missing.

The versions of Children Of The Corn available now,don't seem any different to the Thorn EMI version to me but I would appreciate knowing what the additions are.I know one guy was always offering big money in mags for a first ITV screening depicting a fight between R.G Armstrong & the kids (Commando fever ?,though I gather it was possibly cut for an 'R').I wonder if the cuts were actually carried out,as both the Dead Zone & Halloween 3 video releases from Thorn EMI have the cuts length details on the BBFC database.There are no mentions of COTC cuts despite the stickers on the old Thorn EMI video saying they were.

vincenzo 28th November 2008 04:09 PM

There seems to be a 5 min difference in running times between the 1986 & 1992 videos of COTC according to the BBFC (not the most accurate of sources granted). Ditto for the 1986/1993 Dead Zone listings, though at least they mention the 13 sec pre-edit to the 1986 video.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th November 2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 18076)
Halloween 3 is one of those films that gets better with every viewing.
I picked up the mia release a wee while back,and whilst being pan and scan its at least fully uncut which will do for me.
Soundtracks excellent too!:cool:

Spot on mate....a man with good taste.....;)
Cloud,I'll trade you the Region 1 Universal HALLOWEEN III-it's fully uncut.