View Single Post
Old 6th January 2009, 01:29 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I know what you mean. I was warned by my wife to stop spending money on DVDs just before Xmas. The day before I ordered around 25 new discs...
That's heroic. I think that's how I eventually want to go, murdered by my girlfriend because of excessive DVD buying.

As a thought, to calm the storm, you could try ordering stuff for her so every day when your films arrive you have a gift to give her. How can she be angry with her when you've just given her a lovely gift?

The only horror-y thing I've got recently was 'Dead Set', which I've been watching whenever I notice Celebrity Big Brother is on. So far, three episodes in, I'm really enjoying it. It's an interesting spin on the zombie genre, and really well made. Unfortunately some of the acting is a little off, but otherwise it's terrific stuff. I love the producer character so much, the things he's done to survive are truly grim so far. Plus, anyone who's sat through a post-eviction Big Brother interview will no doubt enjoy seeing Davina McCall getting her throat torn out.

I think they're showing some of it on Channel 4 tonight. If you have a chance, check it out. It comes highly recommended.