View Single Post
Old 9th January 2009, 02:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Street People, Terror Express and Manaos

Just three fairly forgotten films that I would like to see released in the future, preferably by a company like Shameless Films who actually care about the standard of presentation on their releases.

Street People - violent action thriller from Maurizio Lucidi (Designated Victim), starring Roger Moore and Stacy Keach. Long unavailable in the UK - it last surfaced on VHS under the title The Executors - and never released on DVD. The only thing that might make it unsuitable for Shameless is that it isn't really sleazy/controversial/influential enough.... but it certainly fits the bill from the point of view of scarcity and being somewhat forgotten.

Terror Express (La Ragazza Del Vagone Letto) - this one would make the grade in terms of sex, sleaze and violence though!!! A generally forgotten thriller with three odious thugs humiliating, raping and terrorising passengers on an overnight train. From director Fernando Baldi - a juicy slice of nastiness this one, not seen in the UK since its VHS release in the early 80s!

Manaos - a violent, sexed-up, highly exploitative prison-in-the-jungle item featuring the likes of Florinda Bolkan, Jorge Rivero and Agostina Belli. An exploitation lovers dream cast, you might say! Again this is one of those super-scarce films that hasn't seen light since the early 80s VHS heyday, and this one definitely merits a release if my memory srves me correctly! Could Shameless be the ones to finally bring it to our screens? I hold my breath in anticipation.....

Does anyone else feel these films have any merit as potential future releases??