Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Evil Dead (2013) Remake (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/6200-evil-dead-2013-remake.html)

Susan Foreman 26th October 2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 286446)
I get the feeling its going to try to be as realistic as it can

For me, one of the best points of the original was the fact that it was 'cartoon-esque'!

Boo Radley 18th September 2016 04:57 PM

It appears that the remake of Evil Dead is now getting an Extended Version release - that was shown accidentally on Channel 4 about a year ago. (I think it was Channel 4, might be The Horror Channel.)

Evil Dead - Extended Version Arrives on Home Video - Fede Alvarez Confirms Release of Unrated Cut - Movie-Censorship.com

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th September 2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 505684)
It appears that the remake of Evil Dead is now getting an Extended Version release - that was shown accidentally on Channel 4 about a year ago. (I think it was Channel 4, might be The Horror Channel.)

Evil Dead - Extended Version Arrives on Home Video - Fede Alvarez Confirms Release of Unrated Cut - Movie-Censorship.com

:lol: Why would anyone want an extended version?

Boo Radley 18th September 2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 505687)
:lol: Why would anyone want an extended version?

Bad man!:lol:

As remakes go I quite liked it. It was never going to live up to the original as that has a special place in horror fandom but it was better than most of the dross that masquerades as horror nowadays.

Tell me you didn't cringe when she split her tongue...! :tongue1:

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th September 2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 505691)
Bad man!:lol:

As remakes go I quite liked it. It was never going to live up to the original as that has a special place in horror fandom but it was better than most of the dross that masquerades as horror nowadays.

Tell me you didn't cringe when she split her tongue...! :tongue1:

I can't remember much about it at all to be honest.

I just remember clock watching throughout.

Jani 18th September 2016 08:15 PM

Evil Dead remake was pretty good, better than I could have hoped for. It needed that serious tone. Didn't like Army of Darkness, there's no horror in it. Extended Cut goes to my shopping list. Just got my BD set of Ash Vs Evil Dead, good for laughs and gore.

SymbioticFunction 3rd January 2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 505684)
It appears that the remake of Evil Dead is now getting an Extended Version release - that was shown accidentally on Channel 4 about a year ago.

It turned out that the extended cut was getting a digital copy only (in the US), no physical copy. I wasn't upset as I was happy enough with the theatrical cut on blu-ray.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd January 2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 515662)
It turned out that the extended cut was getting a digital copy only (in the US), no physical copy. I wasn't upset as I was happy enough with the theatrical cut on blu-ray.

I should try and give this another go. I really disliked it on first viewing and haven't been near it since.

Rik 3rd January 2017 03:20 PM

I've seen both versions (the extended cut infamously shown on Film 4) and would love a Blu of the extended cut :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd January 2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 515668)
I should try and give this another go. I really disliked it on first viewing and haven't been near it since.

I didn't like it either and have had no compunction to rewatch it – the availability of an extended version would change that though.

KatyCole 22nd August 2017 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 515670)
I've seen both versions (the extended cut infamously shown on Film 4) and would love a Blu of the extended cut :nod:

I had no idea that it was “accidentally” shown on Film4. Were the added scenes of importance? I’d quite like to see this, that’s for sure.

The original will always hold a special place in my heart, but saying that, I didn’t mind the remake (I’d call it more of a reboot, if anything). I thought there were some fantastic moments in it.

gag 22nd August 2017 06:23 AM

Haven't watched the remake ,no rush to either I'll get round to it hopefully sometime before I die .....but then again I could die in a accident next week ...:lol:

bleakshaun 22nd August 2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 547293)
Haven't watched the remake ,no rush to either I'll get round to it hopefully sometime before I die .....but then again I could die in a accident next week ...[emoji38]

Rather dark, to be honest I would say it's a great remake, one of the best I would say

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk