Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Mother's Day (2010) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/6880-mothers-day-2010-a.html)

Prince_Vajda 4th October 2011 11:47 AM

"From the director of SAW II, III & IV"

:eek:

:nono:

Greetings!

Sam@Cult Labs 4th October 2011 11:50 AM

Tricksy isn't it.

It's not just about what's on the screen sometimes. A key cast member with a track record in horror can push a thriller into the horror realm or a name director. I think in this country the video nasty list blurred the edges a little in people's minds as well. A predominantly horror based list with a batch of horrible films included, so the genre definitions break down a little.

Demoncrat 4th October 2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs (Post 187115)
Tricksy isn't it.

It's not just about what's on the screen sometimes. A key cast member with a track record in horror can push a thriller into the horror realm or a name director. I think in this country the video nasty list blurred the edges a little in people's minds as well. A predominantly horror based list with a batch of horrible films included, so the genre definitions break down a little.

Indeed. and PV? dont let that put you off...i wouldnt have got to enjoy Insidious if id followed that logic;)

nekromantik 4th October 2011 12:09 PM

I loved this as I love the home invasion genre.
Will be picking this up for sure but dont know if I will at full price.

Sam@Cult Labs 4th October 2011 12:17 PM

Well, I might prospect then and do a home invasion blog related to the movie.

If anyone's up for it, can I have some home invasion favourites and a snappy sentence or two about why you think each film is great.

I like the genre as well, these films still have the ability to scare me silly.

nekromantik 4th October 2011 12:44 PM

Kidnapped - "Brutal and realistic Spanish powerhouse"
Strangers - "Well made and executed flick with cool villain masks"
Them - "Home invasion with teen villians very well made and awesome"
Mothers Day - "Violent and entertaining flick with a punch"

Sam@Cult Labs 4th October 2011 12:45 PM

Like it, good stuff.

platostotal 4th October 2011 02:16 PM

Okay, you guys seem to be positive about it so I might give it a look. But... now I'm now off to film a documentary about a sunrise in a cemetary and market it as DAWN OF THE DEAD, ahem...Thank you and good night.

platostotal 4th October 2011 02:52 PM

On the home invasion vibe, there's a good Mexican film about a gated estate LA ZONA built right next to the slums, it's a good tense thriller, and let's not forget FUNNY GAMES(the original) now that is a creepy one.

Phurious 4th October 2011 04:55 PM

I second Kidnapped. That is really brutal, but superbly executed. Reminded me of Gaspar Noe's work (not just for the obvious reasons; if you've seen it).

And yeh, the original Funny Games is absolutely superb, although I haven't seen the remake.

Surely the ultimate home invasion flick of recent years is Inside? And even Dream Home? Brilliantly realised gore fests.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk