Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Mother's Day (2010) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/6880-mothers-day-2010-a.html)

Baseball Fury 4th October 2011 05:08 PM

Inside was quality, as was Ils/Them.

I thought the Funny Games remake was good, but I like Haneke, so I tend to think anything of his is good!

And for home invasion, the first part of Martyrs for me. Aye aye aye, it's a horror.

Phurious 4th October 2011 05:45 PM

Oh shit yeh, the rest of Martyrs didn't really live up to that first part I thought. Mesmerisingly shocking and incredibly well done. It's the fact that it's all still so ambiguous and WTF.

Wasn't overly keen on Ils personally, hard to say why, but I just found the 'feeling of terror' somewhat lacking and just relied too heavily on old-fashioned jump scares and the usual old tropes. Maybe it's something I need to reappraise?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Peter Neal 4th October 2011 06:22 PM

I thought the new "Mother's Day" was pretty good and certainly showed that Bousman is capable of doing more than just flashy cuts and extended torture scenes.
The acting is also a good cut above its recent US horror competition. :pop2:

Demoncrat 5th October 2011 01:32 PM

Funny Games...non horror mates recommended it, i liked but i class this as a horror film.....same with Inside (a masterpiece).
Them/Ils....ok up to a point, then it just dies on the vine (the ladder bit....)

speaking of home invasion...how about The Orphan?? slightly different take on it but still.....

and i just sit in awe when i watch Martyrs, how to **** with your audience 101 etc.....

sue me:laugh::laugh::laugh:

nekromantik 5th October 2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 187425)
Funny Games...non horror mates recommended it, i liked but i class this as a horror film.....same with Inside (a masterpeice).
Them/Ils....ok up to a point, then it just dies on the vine (the ladder bit....)

speaking of home invasion...how about The Orphan?? slightly different take on it but still.....

and i just sit in awe when i watch Martyrs, how to **** with your audience 101 etc.....

sue me:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Orphan...that not really home invasion as the villain is invited to the house and lives there. Home invasion is just that, people in thier home being attacked by people outside. Orphan is a evil "kid" flick with a twist.

Demoncrat 5th October 2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 187427)
The Orphan...that not really home invasion as the villain is invited to the house and lives there. Home invasion is just that, people in thier home being attacked by people outside. Orphan is a evil "kid" flick with a twist.

ok how about Hider in the House then??;)

Daemonia 6th October 2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs (Post 187130)
Well, I might prospect then and do a home invasion blog related to the movie.

If anyone's up for it, can I have some home invasion favourites and a snappy sentence or two about why you think each film is great.

I like the genre as well, these films still have the ability to scare me silly.

Cherry Tree Lane - A couple's home is invaded by youths so obnoxious I wanted to kill them myself!

House on the Edge of the Park - Watch Alex and Ricky as you learn how to play cards, do disco dancing, create snappy rapport with your hosts and....punch men in the face and rape their women! All you need to know about life is in this movie.

Fight for Your Life - A film so outrageous it caused the collapse of the race equalities commission!

Am I being too politically incorrect? :lol:

Sam@Cult Labs 10th October 2011 06:03 PM

Exclusive Clip: Unwelcome Guests

Mother's Day: Unwelcome Guests - Cult Laboratories

Sam@Cult Labs 13th October 2011 06:46 PM

CHECK OUT A NEW CLIP: MOMMA'S HOME!

Rik 13th October 2011 06:56 PM

I've overlooked this thread because I thought it was about the original, which I didn't even see through to the end when the Horror Channel showed it, but this looks like it will be pretty good.