View Single Post
Old 5th December 2011, 08:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. View Post
Out of morbid curiousity I am actually looking foreword to seeing what they do to stay true to the original, and what they do to make it their own. We know that sooner or later every film we grew up with and adore will be redone or rebooted. There is nothing we can do to prevent it. Even if we boycott it there will still be enough mindless tweens to pay to see it and buy the matching clothing from Hot Topic to warrant more film of the same. So I will not judge it till I see it. If it's a pile of excrement, I will just be thankful we still have the classic version. My problem is that seldome do they remake films that would benefit frome a new version. Some oldder film that had a very interesting story but the technology or funds were not available at the time. Could you imagine a version of Nightbreed on the scale of The Lord of the Rings? Or a version of Rawhead Rex where Rex actually had articulation? But, they would probably just F those up too.
I'll have to watch it, just like most of the other remakes I've sat through. I've enjoyed some; Hills Have Eyes, Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw - because they deviated from the source material and made their own movie. Evil Dead might be a decent movie as long as it does something cool.