View Single Post
Old 26th December 2011, 08:58 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Ooh, can't wait to see it. This is the one film that's changed my mind on the whole 'remaking a recent film' argument. Sure, people might not see the point when the original's so good but at the same time I really want to see what a David Fincher Dragon Tattoo film looks like! He has enough of an individual style to make something fantastic I think. Will definitely be seeing this over the coming weeks. My local indie cinema are showing all 3 Swedish theatrical cuts back to back on 2nd January which I'm extremely tempted to go see.
The original wasn't designed as a film to be shown in cinemas as it was a two-part television drama/thriller. It was then cut down to the most essential elements to make a two-hour feature film, which was still a great piece of cinema.

Daniel Craig puts in a brilliantly understated performance and Rooney Mara is superb in a really challenging role. The supporting cast is a Who's Who of fine actors from both sides of the Atlantic and, when you see someone like Embeth Davitz appear in a single scene, you know Fincher and the casting director assembled something special.