View Single Post
Old 27th December 2011, 08:42 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
I have both the US and Italian dvds of SOLANGE and the latter has the proper b+w sequences instead of the wrong toned ones on the R1
but the English track on the R2 has a slight echo to it
the slight echo is actually pretty annoying and also the film seems to end rather abruptly, during the credits, none of the actual film is missing. It would be great to have a version of the film without any issues at all - but then I'd have to buy it again !

The b+w sequences are orangey pink in the Shriek Show edition - which gives the 'what they did to Solange' scenes an almost rose-tinted glow - is that really sick irony?

I think it might be very best giallo ever made (I'm especially fond of the wonky depiction of London) - what d'ya reckon?

Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key is a great film too, it's really funny how in The Strange Vice Of Mrs Wardh Edwige Fenech's character turns the TV off when motorbike racing comes on but in this film she is much more interested, though of course (spoiler) only to further her evil plans!

Also Anita Strindberg is spectacularly beautiful - but I guess you all know that.

Last edited by themanfromhongkong; 27th December 2011 at 08:53 PM.