Thread: Troma
View Single Post
Old 19th January 2009, 10:06 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Bravo used to show alot of Troma films/releases with a short intro show to the films featuring two guys and a gorgeous blonde with massive tits. I don't think it was 'Troma Edge TV', which is an extra on some Troma discs featuring Lloyd Kaufman. Not sure what the name of the programme was, but it would make a decent extra - I'd like to see those tits...erm, that show, again.

'Poultrygeist' is fantastic. Infact, its quickly become one of my all time faves. Hilarious, bloody, well acted, some fine songs....'Citizen Toxie' was great too, as was 'Terror Firmer'. They've done some great stuff over the last 10 years. Infact, some of the best films in the last 10 years. The original 'Toxic Avenger' is another fave, and it would be good to see the uncut VHS version that sneaked out in the UK as that was the fullest version ever released (inc. Melvin tripping in the garden on his way out to the club - I miss that brief shot). 'Class of Nuke 'Em High' is another Troma goodie, but like Toxie 2 & 3, the sequels aren't any good.

Of some of the Troma pickups, 'Redneck Zombies' I shouldn't like, as its pretty crappy, but it actually has its moments and some chuckles, and 'Rabid Grannies' is great fun uncut. I'd like to see 'Frostbiter' again, but remember it being possibly very wanky.

Wade through the crap, and Troma have done a lot of good stuff, and Lloyd Kaufman is a comedy genius. His appearance on the Morton Downey Jnr. show would be a good extra on a disc. I'd love to see a UK label release these uncut in the UK with some neat-o extras (like that Bravo show), even though I have some of the Troma discs, I'd double dip in support for much of the above.