View Single Post
Old 5th January 2012, 11:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

HOLLYWOOD STRANGLER MEETS THE SKID ROW SLASHER - Late period Ray Dennis Steckler. Basically one scenario, shot silently with a voice-over added, repeats endlessly with minor variations - a photographer with a misogynistic chip on his shoulder strangles barebreasted ladies in down at heel LA. Over and over and over... It's sleazy. Gender symmetry is restored when a female tramp-murderer stabs photographer guy. Could be the lonely and slightly disturbed companion of 'Don't Answer The Phone'.
PICK-UP - Will slide way past your frontal lobes. Kind of a hippy road-trip with a delectable dream-like shimmer and some shagging in a swamp. There's also "evil clown - as - metaphor... but for what?" type imagery, trippy edits and a priest's inappropriate organ recital. How did it all get so ungroovy? (I mean life, not the movie).
SKULLDUGGERY - I would try to describe what happens in this superweird flick but just thinking about it makes me want to lie down. Thankfully, I can only remember a little of what happened when I watched it, and can decipher even less... dungeons & dragons references... silent magician-boy... strange music... a labyrinth of cracked symbols... evil Mr Puch recurring endlessly, eyes glinting... no, take it away, it's all coming back! Like Lewis Carroll decided to make a bastard of an early 80s direct-to-video thing - an abomination well worth seeking out.