View Single Post
Old 9th January 2012, 11:13 AM
Cult Addict

Rented a bunch of discs from work on friday, would have posted sooner but for the second time in the last couple of months we have some high winds and rain and my phone line has completely died so I'm up at my mums playing catch up!

Cell 211. A spanish prison riot thriller about a soon to be father getting caught up in a prison riot on his first day on the job as a guard. In order to survive he pretends to be a convict while trying to find a way out. A brutal and brilliant slice of entertainment from spain and WELL worth watching. The americans are already remaking this so check it out quickly!

Project nim. Genuinely brilliant documentary on the chimpanzee nim chimpsky who was taken from his mother at birth and raised in a human family as a behavioural science experiment looking at the nature/nurture argument. Funny and heartbreaking I rate this up there with senna as one of last years best documentaries. Made by the same people who did Man on wire.

Arena. Brutal, idiotic, cliche ridden fun! A fireman/paramedic gets kidnapped and forced to participate in a brutal bloodsport for online entertainment. Nothing you wont have seen before, and done much better in the steve austin starrer the condemmed, Arena is still an entertaining slice of DTV shlock for anyone after a no-brainer.

Colombiana. Slicker than arena (thanks to the great directorial work done from oliver megaton) yet just as cliche-ridden and predictable. Clombiana is pretty much what you'd expect straight from the get go. Tortured assasin, hunky yet sensetive love intrest, driven cop as adversary ect ect.. Worth checking out.

Overall the best film was cell 211 closely followed by project nim.