View Single Post
Old 9th January 2012, 10:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yep, cool stuff.... I still think Skullflower's Form Destroyer is the best thing they ever put out... I listen to that record at least once a week.

Agreed about the Elephant album... the Rising From the Red Sand compilations are great too...

Earlier, I was listening to Phurious' Cinescape Reel 4 - which I would highly recommend. Be sure to check out all volumes (and see if you can spot the film samples mixed in with the music without reading the tracklisting). Just now I was listening to Black Sun Production's Plastic Spider Thing, a work based on Coil music... it's very good, well worth seeking out.
Matthew Bower must be one of the great 'unsung' talents of underground music, not exactly unknown but certainly deserving of heaps more accolades. Skullflower, later Ramleh etc were so original in bringing the 'industrial' into rock forms and unleashing something utterly primeval-sounding... so different to superficially similar 'noise rock' approaches of the mid-eighties or the later generic industrial metal.
I have to admit those Phuricorp C90 compilations look dangerously mouth watering... looking at the track lists, there are a few numbers I've been seeking for a while, will be interesting to check them out for sure.