View Single Post
Old 10th January 2012, 05:29 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I have a problem with films like Green Street as they seem to promote football related violence as a constructive, fairly glamorous and life affirming pastime so, if those documentaries seem to do the same thing, I'm not surprised the BBFC heavily censor or ban them.
Well, when you watch Hooligans it's mostly made up of a mixture of a monotonone, uninformative and idiotic voiceover that promotes the idea of hooliganism and their 'exploits', set to endless media and CCTV footage (often poor-quality) - a mixture of very wide-angle shots of people storming football pitches and fighting as well as closer footage of people fighting in the stands and other places around the world (the aftermath of such events is almost never seen) set to a painfully repetitive and dull variety of 'techno' tunes along with a few short TV interviews taken at the time with police and law enforcement along with approving 'vox-pops' from hooligans themselves After about ten minutes the 'documentary' became so mindless and repetitive (the 'music' was killing me) that I had to switch off.

Hooligans, like Mushroom Growing Made Easy and others is easily available to view on YouTube should one so wish.