View Single Post
Old 24th January 2012, 08:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I wouldn't call 2 paneled artwork and all the same extras vanilla!

Even with 2 panels instead of four and losing some of the internal paper goodies, you're still getting a premium package: how many other companies can even compete with that?

Take a look at what you get from most other distributors: the film and some flimsy photo-shopped art put together in ten minutes by some bored graphic design graduate.

I think it's a slight case of people (and don't think I'm targeting this at you, Prince! ) taking what they've been accustomed to for granted.

I am sad to see the four paneled slip-covered editions take on a limited life, but Arrow have to make money, and I'm betting the added costs for windowed slipcovers, quad art sleeves, posters, lobbycards, booklets etc. don't leave them with a lot of selling margin to play with and therefore invest in new films, extras, better quality control etc.
This is exactly what I was just about to write, the money saved on constant reprints of boxes could be spent on new HD masters for more titles to release. As I'm a collector and a Sucker for packaging making the boxed Blu-rays limited makes me want them even more.
At the end of the day the majority of us on this site would have preordered or would buy soon after release anyway and it's not like there won't be enough of the limited edition to go round all of us. Will there?

Seems a bit excessive to be making a mountain out of a molehill already when we don't even know the amount of stock the limited versions will have.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html