View Single Post
Old 26th January 2012, 07:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
We're obviously dealing with an older Chan in NPS but he still proves there's life in the old dragon yet and the film boasts better production values with a slicker look imo. The performances are more finely-tuned too. It's also nice to see The Chanster showing his scarcely-seen dramatic side playing a once respected cop who has fallen from grace and landed in a bottle of booze.

The first two PS classics are driven more by action than anything else (there's more fights in these entries and they're more varied than in NPS.) and Chan's old school outings are always going to be preferable to his latter day efforts. But NPS holds up very well in the face of the vintage greats and remains The Chanster's best movie in years imo.
Couldn't agree more, it's about time he got back to doing some "classic" style Jackie Chan films too. I know he's meant to be working on Armour of God 3 but that's been in the pipeline for years and not much progress has happened.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html