View Single Post
Old 29th January 2009, 10:54 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Dracucarr,you seen this collection from EMS?
I'm glad you've started a thread on these German beauties and I'd be very interested as to which are an improvement over previous UK/US releases. Mojo, I have Curse of the Crimson Altar and having watched the opening sequence it is cut. As the sequence starts you can hear a solitary whiplash just like the DD release. Very disappointing. Nice packaging though.

That Night of the Big Heat cover though is a shocker. Apart from Christopher Lee being in it, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the film. I would love for Blood of the Vampire and The Black Torment to be uncut (while in decent quiality), but I buy a lot of these based on cover art. The Hammer E-M-S releases are especially stunning. Those having trouble playing the Universal Hammer set at least have the option of buying them seperately although at a more costly price. It's Hammer though so for me at least that is not an issue

Oh, and for all Hannie Caulder fans I heartily recommend the E-M-S release as the film looks lovely. Shatter is also uncut, unlike the Anchor Bay US version. I have The Oblong Box, but am yet to compare. However, I was pleased with the quality of the Midnite Movies release so I'm not expecting anything ground breaking with this one.