View Single Post
Old 29th January 2009, 10:24 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Ah Virgin Among The Living Dead, how much persuading did I have to do to get you to watch that! Never doubt the judgement of the cloud . Mansion is nowhere near as good as that, a million miles away and unlike Virgin it contains a shitload of tedium in amongst the visual dreaminess. It has its moments though and there's a meat cleaver scene which I think is brilliantly done.

Have you seen The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus? That's another good early b/w Franco flick that has more than a hint of Giallo about it. If not then get it, you won't be sorry.

The Awful Dr. Orlof is one of my very favourite films, it's up there with all the old Universal, Hammer, Amicus classics imo. I think he's done some great stuff actually though I best not start listing them all!

Paganini Horror is ****ing woeful! I have the German disc and it was given far more respect than it deserves though seeing Cozzi talking on camera for an hour (not including commentary track) about how good he thinks it is just compounded my misery. It had the potential to be good but failed in every area, very very very dull in my opinion.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Door Into Darkness, you're in for a real treat!
Oh christ yeah about Virgin of the Living Dead! Way back when on the ABUK forums wasn't it. You were right to plague me about that film though because I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. One of my fave Euro-cult endings of all time to boot. I'm still gonna doubt your judgement though Mr Bloodsuckers loather you I'm suddenly going off Mansion a little as it's the tedium in these Franco flicks I can't stand. I promise to watch it in your honour though.

Oh I have The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus! The Image DVD cover always reminds me of Peter Lorre! I haven't watched that one though but considering his other black and whites I maywell think that's a cracker too. I'm so hunting out Awful Dr. Awloff again as any strong link to the Hammer classics is inspiration enough. I did like it though, but it was a while since I last watched it.

I'm gutted to hell with what you say about Paganini Horror. I was so looking forward to it. Here's to hoping I find something more of interest in it then, but with it being Cozzi I am not at all shocked by your revelation. I'll certainly keep you informed about my thoughts on Door Into Darkness.

And reaper I've needed some sedatives recently! This counting sheep crap hasn't worked since I was 4 years old and there I've gone and sold the worst of Franco What an idiot! Maybe I'll watch Paganini Horror tonight because the more I think about it the less I think Argento's Sleepless is a good idea