View Single Post
Old 5th February 2012, 08:10 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
Nice cover even if Alien 2 ****ing SUCK! The cinematographer seem to be the only talanted person in this little project.
Thanks!

I've heard some people say the movie was pretty trashy before and not the best but not quite at that level. : D

I can think of tons of horror films I'd rather never see again than this.
Yeah, it's not for everyone but I know its got plenty of fans, I personally think it's a wee gem, ridiculous gory fun with an insane plot that fits nicely into the Italian tradition of ripping off successful US movies, even if it's actually very different to 'Alien'. (that doesn't have a psychic making people possessed by blue rock monsters explode last time I checked!)

This and 'Contamination' have to be two of my favourite Italian movies in that particular sci-fi/horror camp. Only one Talented person? Look at what Michele Soavi went on to do!
I'm quite convinced that Neil Marshall, self confessed lover of Video Nasties and 80's trash definitely gave a nod to this movie with his "The Decent". Probably saw the VTC release. : )

I meant to say, was anyone else (who likes this movie) a bit baffled at the new Hi-def transfer in that all the coloured filtering was removed? Most noticeably at the end in the city, where there was a heavy red filter used and other sections of the film, a lot of the nice blue filtering was gone. It's present in any VHS release you see.
I think its removal also diminished a bit of the weird atmosphere and I was sorry to see it gone. Reminded me of that version of Carpenter's "Halloween" that had its filters stripped.The atmosphere was really changed.