View Single Post
Old 6th February 2012, 07:14 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
The cropping on the US is the same as Arrow.
CO has the same print information than the Italian DVD.

As I have always seen Inferno in that same ratio (german LD was the same as the Arrow/BU disc) I don't bother getting another disc for 0.5 inch more information, it's not that a 2.35:1 ratio has been zoomed to 1.85:1, we are talking half of an inch on both side, and excuse me when I say that seeing a fingernail at the right corner in full or half doesn't really change the movie significantly. Sometimes the frame can be too wide and you see things you are not intended too.....so I don't know which ratio is the correct one, but having seen Inferno (or "Feuertanz der Zombies" as it was titled then) in cinemas back in 1981, I never found any difference on the Arrow. BU disc or my old LD, so if there are a few zooms there are so little that majority won't even notice them, unless someone points them out as a huge selling point for a new disc as there is nothing else to highlight.....

I am german but to be honest I couldn't be bothered with the german release, first of all the dubbing was not bad but suffered from some cringe worthy translations here and there, 2 very good BR's are enough for me at this stage and 3rd the audio is a huge letdown. 2.0? Come on you could have done better than that. Unless someone comes up with a super-collectors-mega-unseen-director's cut-hologrpahical-special-edition I think I am all set.....