View Single Post
Old 6th February 2012, 10:07 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Can't say I do tbh. What is it with Rick's fascination with tits and arse on every cover/painting?
Well, this was a quickie that I knocked up as a bit of fun after someone posted that Rick Melton would simply paint Anna Falchi with her tits out for The Cemetery Man. Of course you only have to skip back through all the comments on this thread to see why commercial artists are encouraged to sex their covers up although admittedly I appear to have been encouraged more than most!. Having said that, of my last six covers only one has any T&A to speak of. I did do an experiment recently with a Humanoids of the Deep illustration done for The DarkSide magazine. I did one with the girl's bikini top on and one with it off and advertised both prints on Ebay. The bikini one sold zero prints, the topless one 26! Nowadays I do censored and uncensored versions of most covers and the last 3 posters I did for American distributors all had NSFW versions because that's what they requested. Incidentally, it's not as though I sit at my drawing board salivating at the thought of getting stuck into another screeching great pair of tits. I want to get my covers done as fast as possible and it's a lot easier to paint women dressed!