View Single Post
Old 7th February 2012, 03:28 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Rick Melton Spills His Guts!

"Hi! Welcome to Rick Melton Spills His Guts!

For those of you who have no idea who I am, and that’ll be most of you, I’m the guy who knocked up (some say XXXXXX up!) the first 30 or so oil painted cover designs for Arrow Video. Rummaging Through The Trash is a reference to the exploitive nature of my work and of course my sloppy technique! Anyway, after years of upsetting people by sticking fat bottoms and big squids on cherished Italian horror classics I’ve finally decided that getting my artistic plums pounded purple on Cult Labs is doing my prospects no good at all. Therefore I’m hoping all you guys will join me so we can set about the next bunch of Arrow covers together. This way when they all turn out to be cack you’ll all be just as much to blame as me and I won’t feel so lonely when I get fired. Again!

Our first project will be The Deadly Spawn (absolutely frikken’ brilliant movie!). Unfortunately TDS has to be nailed inabout 3 days so there’s not much room to manoeuvre but I’ll post up eachday’s work for you to comment on.

Here’s the next two Dark Side magazine covers to be going on with. ‘Zombie’ is pretty much as it is in the movie but in the Dracula, Prince of Darkness painting I threw out Francis Matthews and replaced him with some trollop in a see through nightdress. I know, I know. But two guys wrestling about on the ice just wouldn’t shift as many magazines.

Cheers,

Rick"

- Rick Melton.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cult labs zombie.jpg (95.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg dracula bw.jpg (93.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg CULT LABS DRACULA, PRINCE OF DARKNESS OIL.jpg (95.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 7th February 2012 at 03:47 PM.