View Single Post
Old 15th February 2012, 12:02 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
FWWM is a cracker, but I agree with what Keirarts said. A huge number of detractors are Twin Peaks fans, NOT Lynch fans, so it's quite a hard film to watch if you're used to the show, especially the kookyness of Season Two. It's quite noticable the shift in tone when Lynch came back after Wild At Heart and put his stamp on things.

Some of the scenes are just downright odd as well (message at the airport? FBI office?), so again, the dislike from the casual viewer is understandable.

Anyone that claims to be a Lynch fan that hates it is clearly bonkers though. It's the PERFECT Lynch film, only beaten by the mighty Mulholland Dr.
It's been a long time since I saw Fire Walk With Me but, when I did, that was after watching both seasons of Twin Peaks and the difference in style and narrative structure was striking.

I have the French BD and intend to watch that as a stand-alone film and then again before a Twin Peaks marathon, going through the two seasons again. Since I last saw Fire Walk With Me, I've watched Inland Empire two or three times, so it can't be any more of a visual and aural assault that it was the first time!