View Single Post
Old 18th February 2012, 11:32 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default ARE YOU BEING SERVED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
OTB is pure comedy class imo despite the fact that the whole concept revolves around two dirty old men pestering younger women.
It's just a pity that the show did for Bob Grant what Steptoe And Son did for Harry H. Corbett. That is, supplied the relevant individual with screen success but also severely stereotyped him for the rest of his acting career.

I own Optimum's three film DVD release and Network's complete TV series box set.

Also, when you think about it you ultimately should feel sorry for luckless 'ol Inspector Blake. No kidding! I mean, in reality many of us (especially yours truly) moan about late buses with two arriving at the same time when you've been waiting an eternity for just one. In OTB Stan and Jack generally couldn't care less about picking up passengers on time and would rather stay in the bus depot lusting after the latest clippies. All the Inspector is trying to do is ensure the buses are out on time for our benefit. Is he really so wrong for only doing his job and attempting to keep the relevant vehicles on schedule, therefore keeping the public happy? Blakey more or less has to stay on Stan and Jack's backs otherwise their bus will never leave the depot, thus creating more customer complaints. And simply because of this the employee also known as 'Dracula' and 'Hitler' is on the receiving end of embarrassment, humiliation, ridicule and mockery on a constant basis. I feel for the guy.
I look forward to your thesis on Mr. Humphries from Are You Being Served
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Are You Being Served.jpg (87.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Mr. Humpries.jpg (97.5 KB, 1 views)