View Single Post
Old 26th February 2012, 10:23 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I take my boys to the cinema all the time, ones 4 and the other is 8, they know that if they mess about or ruin the film for me or others then I won't take them again, I guess its how you raise your kids because it pisses me off when parents let their kids run riot
That's responsible parenting - if only everyone was like you, trips to the cinema during school holidays wouldn't be such a nightmare.

It must make times when there are children the same age as your lads, who are talking and running about the place, all the more infuriating if you're sitting there thinking 'If mine can sit here silently and enjoy the film, why can't yours?'.

When I was young and went to the cinema with my parents (and, occasionally, my Nana), my brother and I always treated the cinema with reverence, as it was a trip out and something to be cherished. They always ensured we went to the toilet beforehand and sat quietly throughout, making the most of the treat.

It seems a lot of children don't see the cinema in the same way nowadays and just an extension of their living room.