View Single Post
Old 19th March 2012, 12:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

But what about the butterfly effect Kyle? This power we wield could have devastating consequences...

The year is 1973, and the King of glam-pop is riding high in the charts. yes, Gary Glitter is touring the land asking boys and girls everywhere: "Do you wanna be in my gang?" To which they innocently reply, "Oh yeah!" The man has power beyond mere mortals, and nothing can stop his meteoric rise to the top.

Enter our silent sniper. Perched atop the lighting rig in the Wolverhampton Civic Hall, he patiently waits for Slade to finish their support slot. He sips from his can of Top Deck Shandy knowing that the future of the free world is in his hands. Finally the lights go up, the thick cigarette smoke dances in the mirror-ball glow, the guitars chug and the Glitterman enters the stage aloft 15 inch-high silver platform boots. For the whispery-moustached teenage boys of Wolverhampton, this would be a night they would never forget.

All it took was one muffled shot right between the eyes and Glitter was down. The job was done. Silently the sniper dismantled and packed his weapon before disappearing into the night. Little did he realise that his heroic action would change the world forever.

Back in 2012, there is a slight pop in our ears as though the air pressure has changed slightly. I look around, puzzled, and then I notice. Something truly weird has happened. Glitter has become an icon, a legend. People are performing his songs on X Factor. Students have his poster plastered on their walls. A biopic is currently in the works starring Andy Serkis. Everything is silver. Politicians regularly claim to have Gary Glitter songs on their iPods.

The world has gone mad.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - The Sniper - 18/03/2012 - FINISHED-glitter.jpg