View Single Post
Old 21st March 2012, 09:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
Well my voluntary work at my city's documentary festival is over and so is the festival too! I watched 23 interesting dokumentaries,too many to review right now
Well here goes:1)LOVE ADDICT(7/10),a collection of interviews of people obsessed with others,some funny and some very scary!,2)THE GUANTANAMO TRAP(7/10),the story of 3 people whose lives changed forever in different ways after their ''involvement'' with the guantanamo prison,3)INTERVIEWS BEFORE EXECUTION:A CHINESE TALKSHOW(8/10), a shocking documentary regarding a chinese tv show where deathrow inmates interviewed for one last time before execution,4)NO BONE NO SKIN: A ROCK BAND AT SEA(7/10),the story of a group of fishermen from Iceland who found an interesting way to deal with life at sea,by forming a rock band!5)THIS IS NOT A FILM(8/10)this is for the fans of Iranian director Jafar Panahi and depicts his attempt to continue express himself though a camera lens,6)HEART OF SKY,HEART OF EARTH(8/10),a beautiful film about the present-day mayan and how the modern civilation destroys their land, just before their calendar ends in 21/12/2012, 7)IN A STRANGER'S SKIN(7/10),about a young who, after the death of his mother, dropped out of his studies and taken refuge in food to fill the void and his attempt to lose it after a stomach reduction operation,8)LAST DAYS OF THE ARCTIC(8/10) about photographer Ragnar Axelsson and his famous photo book Faces of the North,and chronicles his experience with the people and the harsh environment of the north ,9)GIVE UP TOMORROW(8/10),about a double murder case in the Philippines and the corruption of the court who accused innocent people,10)THE DAWN OF A NEW DAY(8/10)about a plastic surgeon who joins a hospital ship and helps deformed people in Africa for free ,11)PLANET OF SNAIL(8/10),the touching story of deaf blind Young-Chan and his wife Soon-Ho who happens to be a dwarf and their everyday struggle,12)I LOVE YOU ALL(8/10),a collection of videos from surveillance cameras positioned by Stazi ,monitoring eveyone and everything and the diary of an ex Stazi who believed too much to his cause,13)THE BENGALI DETECTIVE(8/10),the story of a detective agency in India and their attempt to solve crimes and to compete to a dance competition!Part drama part comedy,look staged but according to the director ,it's not,recommended.For more info go here TDF14 - Home Page