Thread: Joe D'Amato
View Single Post
Old 13th April 2012, 06:52 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I have seen some gore that wasn't in the Shriek Show version of Anthropophagus.It was included in a trailer for the film I seem to recall.It was during the scene where the blind girl has her head pulled through the roof by Eastman's cannibal character.In the scene on the trailer you see all the skin being stripped off the girl's face as her head is pulled up through the jagged tiles.This isn't in the Shriek Show version.I don't know whether it made it into any other version of the film.
In the trailer there are blood gushing out from the wounds, and in the film her face is skinned on the splinters but without the blood... It was quite some time since I saw it, but as I recall I couldn't see any obvious cuts and I couldn't see where the blood-frames could have fit in the scene... I got the impression that they used some alternative footage in the film.

Perhaps someone has the integral version/bootleg from Midnight Video on VHS? At least they claimed to have the most complete version.

Anyway, I have the following Massaccesi films:

Absurd
Anthropophagus
Beyond the Darkness
Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals
Frankenstein 2000
War Baby / Devil in the Flesh

and I think Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals is the most entertaining, but I can't really say any of them is good...