View Single Post
Old 15th April 2012, 09:52 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
If you rent a movie and receive a specific disc (let's call it 'A'), you have to return disc 'A' - and not another disc. If you return another disc, you've stolen disc 'A'. That's the law, and it's pretty simple.

Greetings!
well thanks for the explanation im not an retard though.

lets say i rent disc 'A' and i lose it - it gets broken, drawn on by little timmy or eaten by fido. they want me to pay for a new one, and the rental price is £30 or something silly. so i just buy a new one for a fiver and send them the disc - is that stealing? no i dont think so.

look i said something, i apologised and removed comment, people keep going on about it, ive tried to put it to bed, its not working though is it.

to me theft would be renting the disc and saying it didnt arrive - or saying they sent me the wrong disc and giving them some rubbish in return. im not saying its perfect but in my crazy mind renting something and sending it back, as long as its the same movie and format is ok - you could accidentally send the wrong thing back couldnt you.

anyway enough. ive bought a new copy from play.com for £9.49 and will take this one to cex and get £7.00 for it - or is that wrong too?