Thread: Joe D'Amato
View Single Post
Old 18th April 2012, 10:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome2033 View Post
Ok, I just had to check the Shriek Show DVD and compare the scene with the one in the trailer (can be found on youtube).

In the trailer the girl's head is pulled through the roof and she has a wound on her forehead where blood is pouring out. Her face is skinned on the splinters on roof. Quite nasty, but not very gory and it looks quite fake.

In the film (on DVD) her head is pulled through the hole in the roof. Her face is _covered_ in blood, and she has gory wound, but no skin is stuck to the splinters. This makeup is consistent with later shots of the face.

I also compared this to another copy of the film, originating from a japanese VHS(?). The scene is identical to the Shriek Show DVD.

I still believe this is just alternative footage of the same scene... They put the skinning-scene in the trailer, but later decided that they wanted more blood instead.

Btw, The SS DVD has Italian credits and the japanese has French credits.
You're probably right, they must have thought the face skinning scene wasn't bloody enough to be included in the final film.They probably included it in the trailer just to use the footage.