View Single Post
Old 21st April 2012, 09:49 PM
Cult Addict

lol.

I remember getting an enquiry from someone who bought a blu-underground disc off me via marketplace.

'Amazon states this is a region 1, but the version you sent me was region 0, what can we do about this'

So I replied 'watch the movie!'

Region 0 plays on any machine as far as i'm aware and blu-underground dont region code the discs.

back to topic.....

Just spent the evening watching the lionsgate blu-ray of ninth gate.

A very underrated horror imo, not so much out-and-out scary rather more mysterious and full of dread. I know it got a bit of a slating on release but i've always enjoyed it. The lionsgate blu is region free, looks great and has the commentary track as well. Last time i checked it was dirt cheap to pick up.

Then I watched EVERYTHING on the Exterminator blu from arrow. I already own the synapse one but i'm glad i double dipped (I f****g love the film) the commentary is interesting but I prefer the synapse one, otherwise though I fel the arrow release is the better package, If only for the hennenlotter featturette. Frank Hennenlotter is still one of the most intersting blokes to listen to in film, and his basket case commentary on the something weird dvd release is excellent. He's on top form here and I just wish they could have made it even longer.