View Single Post
Old 27th April 2012, 09:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
No, I meant that they're even beginning to moan about Criterion - I don't think any label is safe now. And the worst part is that we've been spoilt for choice for some time and we didn't even know it.

I think that is what's being lost in all this - the labels have to be ultra careful now when it comes to putting new things out and you can see it in their decisions. Take BU - they've not put out a new title since the Nesting last year, and for the rest of the year they're repackaging and re-releasing old catalogue titles in single discers and boxsets, as is Shameless.

I hope not, but I think we've had the best of times.
It's pretty crazy isn't it? I think we're so beyond lucky. There are titles I've been dying for even a half decent DVD release, getting a Blu-ray release with all the bells and whistles of a big budget feature. The likes of Eureka's Imamura releases, Dark Night Of The Scarecrow, etc. If someone had told me A Bay Of Blood would be getting such an extras laden release in HD, very early in the formats lifecycle, I'd have had them committed. It's such a great time, and companies are taking risks with a lot of titles and I hugely appreciate it, personally.