View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 06:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Here's some more good news I can share re: Mario Bava movies via the US. After watching THE WHIP & THE BODY the other night, I posted this on a whim to VCI on FB:

Super VCI dream project idea: The Whip & The Body, in HD, restored. To top it off, hire Chris Lee to dub his own voice before he passes! (I know his voice isn't what it was in '65, but it'd still be a nice option!)

Their response the following day:

Ben, you must be psychic, we are actually trying to put an HD release project on WHIP together. It was also suggested by another colleague that we try to dub in Mr. Lee's voice, which would be a spectacular accomplishment. Can't promise anything yet, but we are on it. Cross your fingers!

Then this came up yesterday, in a response to David Steigman, who asked about BLOOD & BLACK LACE, here's what they posted:

RE: BLOOD AND BLACK LACE, definitely yes. We are working on it. We are having some issues with the current Italian owners of the film and the negative. Once we can secure a new HD master, then we will be moving the project into high gear. FYI, we are so positive this will happen soon, we are shooting a video interview next weekend with Lamberto Bava. Keep your fingers crossed!

Last edited by bgart13; 1st May 2012 at 06:54 PM.