View Single Post
Old 13th May 2012, 07:28 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I watched The Reef last night.

Absolutely brilliant. I found it really gripping in the way films like The Haunting grip you with sounds and slight movements.

I wasn't expecting much but i really enjoyed it. It was a nice thought provoking film. Do you stay on the upturned yacht or do you swim for it with no land in sight?

I thought it far superior to other in-water thrillers such as Adrift and Open Water as the characters were more likeable and looked out for each other rather than squabbling all the time.

The shark attacks when they came seemed realistic in their approach (I watch The Blue Planet box set quite a bit) and the shark filming was well done.

As for the question do you stay or swim? - I am actually a pretty strong swimmer myself and have awards for it, but their is no way i would have even attempted the swim.

Highly recommended.
I've been wanting to catch this for a while, it's by the same team that made Black Water I believe. If you haven't seen, also very highly recommended, not quite as good as the similar Rogue but very nearly.