View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 01:30 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Guys, I have a bit of a problem I need help with.
I'm getting th BU Zombie Blu Ray for my birthday, and I've never seen it. I'm hyping it up so much it's ridiculous.
I keep imagining as the most fun I'll ever have watching a movie, and this is based on a 4 minute clip I saw on YouTube, and I know it'll never live up to my expectations, and if anything it'll terrify me. (Bloody Fulci zombies)
So could you all tell me your honest opinion of Fulci's Zombie, just to get a rough idea of what to expect? Thanks
It's generally regarded as a classic but, as suziginajackson said, it hasn't aged as well as some of Fulci's more plot oriented films: some of the dubbing is laughable, the acting leaves a lot to be desired and the SFX make-up is frequently unconvincing.

However, I love it as the time seems to fly by and I seem to like it more with every viewing. It's a step below something like Dawn of the Dead (even though the zombie effects are similar) as it doesn't have the intelligence of Romero's zombie masterpiece.

Just try and clear your mind as much as possible and watch it without any preconceptions so you can give it an honest appraisal.