Thread: Watchmen
View Single Post
Old 25th March 2009, 02:56 PM
Cultist

I really enjoyed Watchmen. I saw it at the Imax in London and was really taken in by it.

I had bought the graphic novel last year but hadn't gotten around to reading it. I did so immediately after the film and was really blown away. It's terrific. It's such a well balanced book. I think I prefer the comic to the film, but do think that the ending used in the film was an improvement (and probably a necessity, too).

With regard to the films financial performance, I think it will have disappointed alot of people at Warner Brothers. Even if the film does break even, it's unlikely to encourage studios to produce further block-buster style films with adult content. Big profits are the name of the game. I also think that it's an achievement for a film such as Watchmen to make what it has and would question quite how it was ever presumed by a studio that the film would bring in the big $$$.

Still, I'm looking forward to the directors cut. Hopefully it will get a short theatrical run here, in addition to the one planned for the US.