View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 06:48 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Watched Messiah Of Evil last night and it was.....interesting.
I have to say my opinion was probably affected by the shitty pan and scan VHS transfer and appualling audio.
Whilst the film explains nothing, you almost feel as though you understand it. Very atmospheric, and eerie, especially the bit with the father.
The whole movie plays like a collection of someone's nightmares strung together with a very loose plot, personally I love the movie. Best way to see it is the Code red release, if you E-mail Bill he might even have one or two left at a far more reasonable price than on-line. Its widescreen and has a supurb transfer, it looks and sounds amazing.

As for FRIGHT NIGHT (2011). Sorry I thought it was fairly bad, not dreadful but let down by poor quality CGI and the fact the new gerry dandridge has no familiar and just goes nuts when he's uncovered rather than play mindgames.

Last night I watched the new JOE CARNAHAN movie THE GREY.

Supurb, poetic and beautifully shot tale of a hunter hired to shoot wolves at a remote alaskan oil-rig. Despite being sucidely depressed he refuses to just die. On a plane trip home the plane crashes and he must protect the survivors from the wolves that begin hunting them and guide them through the wilderness.

Really, really good movie.