View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 12:27 PM
Ex-member

Wink

I actually find Kentai's work interesting, and whilst some of what he says is true, some isn't, as well. I don't always agree with him, but it's his blog, and therefore his opinion.

As for him joining the Cult-Labs Forums, I'm pretty certain that if he did, a substantial amount of people would then start to use his membership as a reason to jump down his throat for daring to post any negative comments about Arrow, whether you agreed with them or not.

I'm new here, and as such, I know I've already got some people's backs-up, by posting stuff in the A SERBIAN FILM thread elsewhere on the Forums. I too, like Kentai, have very strong opinions. However, sometimes I also found that people didn't want to debate stuff on here, and actually, it felt more like if I didn't agree with what the majority felt, then I was in the wrong.

No matter how detailed my posts, and no matter how hard I tried to explain any points I was making, people still appeared to fail to get anything that I was writing. Now, I don't expect anyone to agree with everything I write. Likewise, I hope no one would expect me to agree with everything they write. We're all going to have different views on whatever the subject is, that is being debated.

But, with that said and done, why don't the head honcho's here at Arrow go through Kentai's blog review of DEMONS, and actually, constructively break down each point he raises, and respond to it. Explain why it wasn't possible to post-sync the original Stereo sound, to the new HD print. Discuss his accusations about the picture quality, etc. Explain to us - the fans and purchasers of DEMONS - why some of the decisions you made, were the ones you made. Would that not be more sensible, and productive for everyone, than Kentai saying Arrow is rubbish, and some of you guys and gals saying that he's talking out of his arse? (I know it may appear like I'm asking for Arrow to justify themselves, but that's not what I mean. Explaining something, is not the same as justifying something.)

Bitching at one another, from both sides of the Web, won't endear him to you guys, or us to him. So let's debate any issues he raises, in a mature, intelligent and literate fashion, and see what we can all accomplish.

In fact, let's have a thread where Forum Members can post questions about Arrow, and get them answered. I appreciate that Arrow doesn't want to disclose everything to us, and some stuff maybe Trade Secrets (for want of a better word), so we aren't entitled to know that stuff. But if any of us were to ask an honest question, in a mature fashion - even if the question may not be to Arrow's liking - let's see if it can help improve ALL future releases, so that Arrow becomes better than it already is.

Almar obviously wants Arrow and Shameless to be the best cult film labels in the UK. The people who buy Arrow releases want such films to be the best possible versions. Let's work together, and see if we can achieve something that benefits everyone.

(...And yes, I do see the irony in my post, after it appears I was the reason that the A SERBIAN FILM thread got closed down. So feel free to take the proverbial! )

Last edited by JonD; 20th May 2012 at 12:37 PM.