View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 01:26 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

And the winner of the final very exclusive The Divide t-shirt is...

TheResidentEvil with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheResidentEvil View Post
If you had to set up a new religion, what would it be? What would you worship? What would it be called?

Let's start with the name: Dividism
Worship: 2 different sects of gods. Chaos and Order. The Order Gods would consist of deities that followed the seven virtues-
Castitas, Temperantia, Caritas, Industria, Patientia, Humanitas, Humilitas.
The names would be (respectively) -
Chastia, Perenia, Chancet, Dilustria, Paytense, Hume, and Humilat.
The Chaos Gods would consist of the deities that followed the seven sins-
Luxuria, Gula, Avaritia, Acedia, Ira, Invidia, Superbia.
Their names would be (resp.)-
Luxust, Gulat, Gravice, Thedia, Writha, Dinvia, and Peridia.
The religious beliefs: Each God/Goddess is balanced by it's counter. Like Buddhism, a person must find their way to being one with these deities. The challenge is finding their middle ground. Each of the virtues and sins must be balanced with their counter to find true divinity within one's self. As, with any apocalypse, time would be unmeasurable by means we know now...so, each sunset would mark the beginning of a new day. After every 26 days, you would be welcomed into a new kingdom of existence with a reigning God/Goddess, their counters being 182 sunsets apart. Worship and prayer would occur on the 13 day in celebration of the God/dess...each with their own colors, surviving plants, feasting on animals (that had survived), and creative new beverages. A sacrifice would consist of fasting for the 3 days prior and 3 days after the celebration. The celebration would last from the sunset on the previous day to the sunset on the day of Celebration. Totems would be fashioned out of available materials and placed on an altar during the 26 days of reign...each God/dess being placed at the head of the altar during their term. The afterlife would consist of immediate reincarnation into another living thing...whether it be plant or animal. Those who worship any other god/dess would be shunned from the community to create their own civilization without the assistance of Dividism!

- "We are DIVIDED. We are the Divide. We shall be one with our virtues and sins!~ Praise Dividism and praise those who shine upon us from the Ether-World. Thy shall worship the Chaos and thy shall worship the Order. Balance shall be found! For the 14 Gods shall rise again and he who denounces thy faith denounces thy survival!"

Btw...I copyright the SHIT out of that! DIBS!

And yes..I did a lot of edits. Hehehe...I needed to associate the names with their colors.

A huge and very impressive answer! I think I may become a member of the divided

Well done - let me know what size you'd like!

Kyle