View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 10:31 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
With all the criticism about these 2 blu rays transfers I was not expecting much but was completely blown away by the picture on both films. These films looked so much better than any previous release and I genuinely didn't notice any artifacts on screen

Now the audio I did have some issues with as a couple of places during each film the mono track came across as a bit muffled between the dialogue and the back ground music, but I only really noticed this in a couple of places.

Overall I would consider them as good releases and as for The Beyond which was also moaned about, I found that one to be excellent overall

I think some guys just get too caught up in the technical side of it instead of sitting back and enjoying the film for what it is. 26 years ago I remember watching pan and scan (and heavily cut) video tapes of these films on a 20" TV and I thought they were good then.

Now 26 years later people are moaning about bit rates?

How about a bit of common sense?
I agree 100% I don't see all the fascination with bit rate. The picture on these releases has surpassed what I was expecting I don't care what others say. I am happy and if you are not then sell your copies and move on.