View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2012, 01:06 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
If argent have the uk rights then that's why its region locked. Personally i'd have thought they would be better served negotiating with the BBFC to get it past uncut then sticking it out on blu-ray. Perhaps through the shameless imprint. As it stands all their doing is p*$$*"& of fans.
Agreed. Argent aren't even releasing any BDs, so why intervene? Bit like the shambles that was Vampire Circus. The US gets a region-locked BD, we get a DVD. Yeah, that makes sense...

I'm still hesitant about going multi for Blu, as it seems a safer bet to ensure my collection is UK-friendly. That way, even if my player breaks down, all I have to do is buy another cheap UK player and I know all my discs will still play. I'm still waiting on multi-region players becoming the norm rather than the exception, then it won't be so much of a gamble. I mean, logically speaking, if I bought a Tosh, made it multi-region, then amassed a large collection of RA locked titles, and then a couple years down the road the Tosh breaks down and they no longer make hackable machines. What then?

I know, I'm a prophet of doom. But I prefer a sure thing to a gamble.