View Single Post
Old 26th May 2012, 10:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Two more films tonight.

First was an Austrian film from director Markus Schleinzer, a protoge' of Michael Haneke. Film was called MICHAEL.

Attachment 66352

A slow burning, chilling, suspensful and sometimes darkly comical tale of an Icy cold austrian man who keeps a young boy locked in his basement. in terms of style its VERY reminiscent of classic michael haneke. Very believable and lacking any melodrama the film is one of the best i've seen this year and definately outclasses even the excellent SNOWTOWN for sheer discomfort and unease. One part, where the seemingly quiet and dull office drone visits a furniture shop and buys his young prisoner a bunk bed, with the clear implication he's going to abduct another child sent shivers down my spine, yet as I said it also has some very dark humour, especially when the creepy scumbag goes on a lads weekend skiing with his bosses and his pitful attempts at skiing and seducing a barmaid to make himself look good actually made me chuckle.

Highly reccomended.

Watched that on my city's film festival and even met the star Michael Fuith.He's such a nice guy,he told me that people were scared of him during Q's and A's because of the role!Very shocking movie with a very powerful and meaningful ending

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 27th May 2012 at 10:25 AM.