View Single Post
Old 27th May 2012, 12:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
It feels like a Max Payne game right from the start. The voice actor doing Max Paynes voice is the same guy from the original games so thats a plus right there. Its set in Brazil but there are flash back levels where you play as Max before he left New York so again an other touch that keeps the feel of Max Payne. Also when you are playing through missions Max still talks to himself like the other games with the same over the top drama. The cut scenes in Max Payne 3 are not like the other two games where in those they had the graphic novel look all the cut scenes here are using the in game engine . I was a little worried at first when i heard about it coming out a few years back when i saw the look of the game but it works so well and its just a natural progression for the series while it stays true to the source material and world created by the first two games.
That's good to know. I was also a bit worried that it would be too different as I love the atmosphere of the first 2 (especially the snowbound chapter 1 of the original).

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter