View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 11:34 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Yes I can. Easily. Polanski is one of my favourite directors, and Chris Langham is one of my favourite comedy actors. I have zero interest in their personal lives . . .
God, I totally forgot about Chris Langham. His career's virtually ended as a result of that

I wouldn't want this discussion to just involve people involved in film making by the way, hence my use of Gary Glitter as an example. It makes the opportunity for discussion more diverse if we can think of more people as examples. Pete Townsend (did he ever actually write that book?) being a good example - I'm sure people still listen to The Who after all.

I'd genuinely interested at which point people think the mark is over-stepped. Do you believe OJ Simpson was guilty of murder? If so, can you still enjoy his performance in The Naked Gun? Or are his other misdemeanors (ie the ones he was convicted of) enough to turn you off from his performance in The Naked Gun? Or is it different for an actor as they bring something different to the film compared to a director?