View Single Post
Old 29th May 2012, 12:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

So the Pentecost weekend had been reserved for the Demons BDs, but two things intervened, the weather was too good and Demons 1 was not Well, the quality of the transfer is excellent, but I found out that this is one of the films that has not aged too well, it is pretty crappy to be honest and since most people regard part 2 to be that, I did not dare a double bill But I still lobve having these discs, so no complaints from me and a big thank you for releasing them in this form and format!

One of the things that made Demons 1 even harder to take for me, is the fact bthat it has benn mostly filmed in Berlin (West), where I grew up and most of the locations are very well known and this distracts a lot, when you see how they tricked things. It starts with the Underground travelling at the start, they manage to get out of a train heading towards Kreuzberg (district), I am sure you can see the line number at some point, but the inner station they get out of is Heidelberger Platz, which is not even a station on th4e same line and pretty far off within the city and when she exits that station, they are at Wittenberg Platz - if my memory is correct, that is on both lines concerned, i.e. you would have to exchange here to get from one station to the other, so to save money it would have been wise tio film the end part of that travel in the middle of filming

Then there is the "cinema" The Metropol, which is not a cinema at all, it is a concert venue in Berlin, and probably still is, have not been there in a while... The inside is partially really the Metropol, but redecorated a bit, the cinema parts are definitely filmed somewhere else - the action scenes probably in a stage area where they rebuilt a cinema inside and maybe the one or other real cinema was used too - I am not sure, it has been too many years and the cinemas that come into my view are closed for a while anyway... Maybe even the red curtain was filmed inside the Filmbühne Wien? If so, then I hid there together with Clive Barker after his Hellraiser premier, he wanted to avoid having an interview with 2 very bad English speaking journalists and granted me the 30 minutes afterwards with a nice chat - if so, that would make the film extre special, only who was the Demon, Clive or me?

I digress...

I give the picture full points, the sound was very good, but my audio equipment is very minimal (just a soundbar) and the film gets an ok...