Thread: Bigfoot Films
View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2012, 11:37 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisturn View Post
Read through the entire thread, and I forgot how much Bigfoot was a part of the 1970's. Now I was in a Target store the other day and saw the season one of The 6 million dollar man is now on dvd I am not sure if the Bigfoot episode is in season one.
I also recently picked up Box of Bigfoot that was released by CFS.
This thread inspired me to revisit the Bigfoot genre. Also there is quite a few Bigfoot movies on youtube.
That's great news artisturn! This thread is great for sharing bigfoot passions as well as sparking new interests

What was the boxset you got? What films are on there?

Came across a book that looks truly fascinating - The Beast Of Boggy Creek it's called and tells the true story behind the sightings that inspired the most classic of Sasquatchploitation, The Legend Of Boggy Creek.

The book's official site - Fouke Monster: The Beast of Boggy Creek - is very cool with plenty of pictures too...

The artwork in the book is by a guy called Justin Osbourn who also designed some Fright Rags tees and the below pic I posted a while back...

[CENTER]

Also, if you want an in-depth analysis of the cultural relevance of Bigfoot cinema during the 1970s, I've posted a paper I wrote about this here - Scrutinizing Sasquatch Cinema of the Seventies. (Kyle Daniels) - Academia.edu - it's very detailed, original and I'm very proud of it, so do check it out if you're looking for something interesting to read.