View Single Post
Old 6th June 2012, 11:36 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I appologise on all 3 accounts but this doesnt change my opinion what-so-ever.
I was led to believe it was an Alien prequal by Mr Scott himself despite all his question dodging and tongue twisting, and he did not deliver the good's.
Yes, it was enourmasly fun that we got to find the history of the Space Jokey but jog on, I wanted to find out where the Xenomorph's originated.
I'll still go and see any sequal that anyone chuck's out there.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm usually on an Island with my opinions, so feel free to ignore.

I watched this tonight in stunning 2D.

If this isn't a prequel to Alien, I honestly don't know what is. It was clear as day to me. The origin of the Xenomoph - it's all there. It's all in the DNA/reproduction/life cycle/ of the beast in question. It showed you the history of it in high definition and very clearly. (See the final image of the film).

For the record, Ridley Scott told Kermode and Mayo last week that there would be two more movies before it reaches the timeline of the original Alien movie. That's where LV426 will come into play. And plenty more opportunities to show things in more detail.

(BTW for all you nerdish types like me -- there's a clear link between this film and Alien. And possibly only Alien. There's a worn old debate in the dark bowels of the internet that Cameron ruined the life cycle and mystique of the Alien when he brought in the Queen alien in his sequel. I don't agree -- as I love Aliens probably more that Alien -- but I think Ridley's only Canon here is what was in the original.)

Anyway, I'm tired, rambling and probably wrong.

For the record, I thought Prometheus was great. Although the pacing was a little off -- no doubt there will be 40 minutes added to special edition, because character archs seemed to rushed
or left out altogether.

I give it 8/10.